Button Up: thrifted
December 28, 2015
December 20, 2015
December 15, 2015
September 30, 2015
Floral Blouse: Poshmark $6 + $2.50 shipping* = $8.50
Old Navy Flats: on sale org. $23 -20% off = $16
I was long overdue for some new black flats, and these are perfect! Most Old Navy flats aren't comfortable, but these actually have a good cushion to them, They also come in blue and I've been really tempted to get them too.
Fur Vest: Poshmark $15 + $2.50 shipping* = $17.50
I already have fur vest, but it's a little more cropped and I've been wanting one that's longer. This one was such a great price so I couldn't pass it up.
Liz Lange Tee: Target clearance $6
Mossimo Skirt: Target org. $20 - 50% off coupon on cartwheel app = $10
Good during and after pregnancy, had to have it!
Motherhood Maternity Shirt: local consignment event $5
Liz Lange Dress: Target
Old Navy Full Panel Jeans: org. $35 - 20% off = $28
Old Navy White Jeans: clearance $10
I already purchased a pair of white maternity jeans, but they were low panel. About a month or so ago, baby girl decided she didn't like low panel anymore. She kicked all day and I think it was because the panel was so tight and constricting. Not comfortable anymore. I'm probably going to sell those.
Forever 21 Trapeze Dress (also bought in tan): $15 each = $30
I'm normally not one to buy the same thing in multiple colors, but this dress was an exception. It's SO comfortable. It's great because it'll work with my growing belly and afterwards. It needs to get cool outside so I can wear this with leggings and boots already!
Total Spent: $131 - Total sold on Poshmark $95 = $36
September 25, 2015
How far along? Today- 25 weeks +4 days
Baby is the size of a(n): 24 weeks- egg plant, 25 weeks papaya
Total weight gain: 24 weeks-9 lbs, 25- 12 lbs? I ate good when I was on vaca in Disney World, ok!! Haha
Sleep: Not too bad actually! I was worried about not having my snoogle pillow while on vacation, but I did totally fine without it!
Movement? Oh yes! Daddy FINALLY felt her kick for the first time on 9/12. She is most active when I go to bed and lay on my left side. That's actually when Larry first got to feel her kick. He said that it felt like a hard little punch. Maybe she'll be strong like him rather than weak like me.
Cravings: Crazy, but still none.
Miss anything? A bra that fits...
Symptoms: Honestly, none! I really feel great lately. If baby girl wasn't so active and my belly weren't so big, I may be worried!
Nursery: Not really any progress in the last 2 weeks. I did buy this cute little pillow today at Target though.
Best Moment This Week: My trip to Disney World of course!
At 25 weeks, I have suddenly "popped!"
September 15, 2015
I stole a little throwback questionnaire from Lauren (Exploring My Style) for today!
What year were you born? 1991
Do you have any pictures of yourself from when you were younger? Well of course!
What TV shows did you grow up watching? 3 all time faves- Rugrats, Full House, Boy Meets World
What did you want to be when you grew up and do you still want to be that? I always wanted to be a dance teacher and own my own dance studio. I know now that I wouldn't want to own a dance studio.. for multiple reasons. BUT I would love to teach dance again some day. I really hope my baby girl will be a dancer like me and get me back in the studio again!
What were your favorite toys to play with? Baby dolls and Barbies... but mainly Barbies. I played with them for way longer than the average kid haha.
What is the most embarrassing thing you can remember doing? In middle school (ok ok in high school too), my friends and I would put on ridiculously ugly makeup and fix our hair crazy and take pictures of ourselves. And when i say ridiculously ugly, I mean eyeliner drawn uni-brows and all. Yepp.
Three songs you loved listening to as a child. A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, I Want it That Wayby Backstreet Boys, and All or Nothing by O-Town. I actually saw O-Town perform at Walmart! We made shirts and everything! We waited in line for hours to meet them afterwards, but then they cut off the line ONE person in front of us. It was terrible!!
What was one funny thing you dressed up as for Halloween? A Geisha girl. My Pawpaw worked in Singapore and he brought my sister and I back these outfits! Check out those eye brows my mom gave me!
Are there any special things you've kept since you were a child? Honestly I've probably kept way too much! I'm a slight hoarder when it comes to keepsakes. I keep it all. I have all my dance competition medals, every ribbon I've ever won, school projects, everything! One of my favorite things I've kept is the teddy bear that my Pawpaw brought me back from Singapore. His name is Cea (pronounced like pea). I named him that because his tag said he was bought on Cea St.
September 10, 2015
I'm SO excited to share today's post with y'all! One of my all time favorite things to do is to go "garage sale-ing," and today I have some tips on how I do it.
1. Create a plan of action.- You want to know what general area you want to stay in while garage sale-ing and not get too off track.
2. Check online the night before.-What I like to do is check online on Friday night for garage sales. I'll find the address to a garage sale, type in the address on maps, and snapshot a photo of where it's at. Then in the morning I have snapshots of where all the garage sales are! This helps a lot in my area beacuase a lot of people don't put up a lot of signs. In my hometown, they put up a ton of signs at every intersection, so you don't really need to check online, but it couldn't hurt!
3. Start looking for garage sale signs during the week.- A lot of people will start putting out garage sale signs mid week. Keep an eye out for signs at large intersections on your way to work, school, grocery store, etc.
4. The early birds DO get the worms!- Most people will start their garage sales around 7 a.m. A lot of them will put in their ads "no early birds" but pretty much they mean don't come before their time. This is the tip I'm worst at. I usually leave the house at 8, and a lot of times I'll notice that some garage sales hardly have anything left because the early birds got everything!
5. Be prepared to stop short and turn around a lot- You're going to pass up and almost pass them up, so just be prepared and drive safe!
6. Four eyes are better than two- Well yes, if you wear glasses, please do wear them, but what I'm trying to say is bring a friend so you can have 2 eyes on the road and 2 eyes on search for garage sales.
7. Go in a place you're familiar with. When you see a garage sale sign with a street name on it, you want to have a general idea of where that street is. I've lived in my town for a little over 2 years now, so I'm still not familiar with all the roads, so I tell Siri to take me every where! Haha.
8. Don't lug around a purse, just bring a small coin purse with you. When you're garage sale-ing you aren't going to need anything but your monies and maybe your phone in case you want to take a picture of something you could pick up for someone else. I usually carry a small coin purse I got from Costa Rica with me, and if I need anything else, I'll get it from the car.
9. Bring your spare change and $1 bills. I save all of my husband's spare change and bring it with me. If I don't have small bills I'll stop at the nearest drugstore (usually Walgreens or CVS) and ask for change.
10. Negotiate prices- If you don't like a price someone is asking, don't hesitate to ask for it cheaper. The least they could do is say no, but most people having a garage sale are trying to get rid of their stuff, so they will likely say yes.
11. No one cares what you look like- Seriously, wake up, fix your coffee, throw on some comfy clothes, and get your butt out the house! See #4. ;)
12. Think ahead.- If you have kids you can always buy sizes up for them. Also, holiday decorations are great things to pick up at garage sales, even if if feels weird buying Christmas stuff when it's 90 degrees outside.
13. Use your time wisely. Like I said in #4, the early birds get the worms. So, you want to spare your time wisely. If you see a ginormous pile of clothes. Pick through the first few things and if they're all clothes from an 80 year old man, and you are not an 80 year old man or want clothes for one, then pass it up and look at the next stuff. Don't waste your time digging when there are other treasures to be found.
14. Bring your breakfast with you and pack some snacks. I usually grab me some poptarts, my coffee, and a banana for a snack. Depending on how many garage sales you might find, you could be out shopping until lunch time. Make sure you pack breakfast and a snack so you don't have to waste your time stopping somewhere.
15. Find something to collect. Garage sale-ing can get frustrating when you aren't finding much. I found that it makes it more fun when you find something to collect. I collect vintage tins. I usually find them for 25 cents to a dollar a piece at garage sales, so it's a super cheap collection!
Some things I like to buy at garage sales:
Here are just a few of my finds lately:
books for baby girl (25 cents each), gold mesh (25 cents), baby blanket/teething toy (50 cents), a cross that I plan to paint ($1), apothecary glasses (50 cents and $1)
my favorite thing to shop for- clothes for baby girl! (50 cents to $2 each)