October 3, 2013

utility vest meets lace dress

IMG_8197 IMG_8195
Utility Vest: JCP (clearance) $4
Lace Dress: Forever 21, giftted [similar for only $11]
Belt: Goodwill $2
Heels: Target (bogo) $22
Bracelet: JCP (super clearnace) $2
Total Outfit Cost: $30

Lately I've totally been into mixing super feminine items (like my lace dress and leopard heels) with very non-feminine items (like my vest). This is actually the third time I've worn this vest, but it rained the first two times, so I didn't get an outfit picture. Don't worry, I loved those outfits so much, I'll definitely be re-wearing them and making sure I get outfit pics! 

Also, I always get compliments on my bun (the one on top of my head ;), and I just wanted to let y'all know how funny that is to me because any time I have a bun on top my head, it means my hair is super dirty! My bun is the only way I can hide my day 3 oily hair! haha! SO..would anyone be interested in a tutorial on how I do my bun?  

Ps. I just looked through some of my old pins on pinterest and found this pin, so that must be where I got the inspiration for this outfit from!

19 comments:

  1. Love the green and the off white together! I live in a bun these days, just so easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have to ask... I have the same vest. You obviously took some of the jewels off, which is what I did, but I can't get rid of the glue! Did yours have glue under the jewels, too?? What did you do about it?
    And I love this outfit! I was hoping to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! $4 for this vest, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! $4 for this vest, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, so a few things...1) I absolutely ADORE this outfit. It is so perfect in every way! A green army vest is on my must-have list! 2) I do the SAME THING when I rock the sock-bun! it's always 3-day-old super dirty hair ;) and 3) I would love a bun tutorial!

    Jenna Brianne
    Freckled Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit and I would love a tutorial on how you do your hair!


    thecheerfulcloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! I really adore the mix of super feminine with a tougher piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit!! Could you be any more beautiful?? You look so good!!! I love how classy the lace dress is and you made it a little more stylish but casual with the utility vest! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit, chica! And I can't believe you got that vest for $4.. AMAZING! Along with my other list of things I wish I could steal from your closet, those heels would have to be on my list as well. I adore the shape of the heel itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want your dress. Please and thank you. Also, great minds think alike-- I wore my utility vest today! I'm super jealous that you can get away with 3 day oily hair by putting it up in a bun. It's my roots that get super greasy and I feel like putting it back just shows off the grease.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE mixing "hard and soft" clothing elements together! This outfit is so perfect and YES, let's get on that bun tutorial lol my bun hair is always my dirty hair day too...which was today, glad we're fooling people all over the US haha

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would definitely be in favor of a tutorial. I can never get my bun to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lace and military together - such a great look!

    I love your high bun - that's how I wear my hair when it's dirty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look so so much! I need to get my hands on this vest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, bun tutorial! I've never been able to get my hair to stay in a bun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's official. I need that vest. and those shoes. You look precious!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow how adorable. you well that dress so well.

    come check out my latest post,
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/10/love.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got that vest for $4?? Good find! I never think to shop at JCP now that their prices are lower. Love those leopard heels!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad I came across your blog!
    It's fantastic:)

    Stop by for a visit.
    xoxo
    bB***

    www.itsybitsybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete