February 16, 2015

trying something new

knotted sweater
striped skirt + sweater
Sweater: Target (clearance) $4
Skirt: Old Navy, gift carded
Tights: Target (clearance) maybe $2 but I don't actually remember
Booties: Plato's Closet $12
Necklace: Ebay $9
Total Outfit Cost: $27

Ok, ok y'all are going to have to excuse the massive roots I have going on in these pictures. This was before my sister cut and highlighted my hair. She was a life saver because y'all... my hair was bad. So bad. She's only been in beauty school since October and is already amazing at it. I'm such a proud big sister!

So I tried something new with this outfit. I've been wanting to try wearing a sweater over my skirt for a while. This sweater is slightly high-low and it was too long to wear just on top of the skirt (it made my proportions look all weird). So, I tried knotting it! I don't think it photoed well, but in person this outfit was really cute! Or at least I thought so haha. The only thing about knotting it is that it came undone a few times at work so I had to keep re-doing it.


13 comments:

  1. Cute!! I really like the purple tights.
    -Kristen
    www.pugsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I really like the color combination here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of knotting shirts/sweaters to make them the right height for skirts, and this looks great. And, gosh, this skirt looks so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need to remember to knot things to change up the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love tying a t-shirt over a dress, but I need to try this Winter version! It's always a cute look. You look great! This is actually an interesting color combo, but it totally works. I hope you are doing well, girl!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks great, sweaters and skirts can be tricky, but you did it so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be silly, the sweater looks great! I LOVE the color and tying it was such a clever idea. I seriously need to break out my striped ponte ON skirt. It goes with everything and yet always forget about it! I just ordered a camel sweater I'm hoping will be everything I've dreamed of. If it works out, I'll be copying this outfit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better to re-do the knot a few times than use a hair-tie or rubber band and end up looking like a high school girl. I don't know why, but that was a huge thing at some point in high school. Also, you're super lucky to have someone do your hair for you! It looks so good, and if we lived in the same town, I'd have to have her do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cant decide what i like best - that sweater is super cute ($4?!), and so are those booties! I have tried to knot my sweater or tee before but i swear it never works lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I think the pictures turned out great!! :) I love how you mixed black, brown, and tan.... so cute! Um, I actually really love this! I'm pinning it. :) XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! And I love the booties you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures turned out really nice. I love the color mix. Maybe you can find a way to put a safety pin in the knot where it isn't visible so it stay tied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really cute outfit! I'm loving that necklace. I've been trying to figure out how to wear some of my longer sweaters with my skirts so I might have to try this!

    Alysia Ave

    ReplyDelete