January 13, 2015

so faux

Untitled
Untitled
Sweater: Marshall's $17
Jeans: Old Navy, gift carded [here]
Vest: SheInside $20 [love this one and this one]
Boots: JCP $45 (sale + 15% off coupon) [here]
Total Outfit Cost: $82

I wore this outfit a couple weeks ago to one of my many family Christmas parties.  As I was getting dressed and my husband saw what I was wearing he said, "I'm going to tell people I killed that!" ...HA HA Larry.  It's faux fur babe, faux.  He's a mess.  He didn't actually tell anyone that, thank God.  I'm thinking about starting a list of "things my husband says about my clothes."  I'm glad I have this blog so I can document them here(see what he said about my wide leg pants here).  So It was pretty chilly that day, so I thought I'd dress warm in my new white sweater and my fur vest.  Normally I'm a cold natured person, and even in this I'd still be cold, but this day I don't know what was wrong with me but I was HOT.  I had to take the vest off a few times because I was burning up!  My mom kept thinking I was sick, but I wasn't!  I felt fine!  It was weird.  I have to say though, I hate hate hate being cold, so I'd so much rather be hot than cold.

Speaking of cold, gah- my office, it's freezing!  How can it be 26 degrees outside one day last week and they still have yet to put the heater on inside!  Our office is in a tower and the entire building is controlled off of one thermostat so we can't adjust it.  I have a small heater at my desk and that doesn't even help much.  It's ridic!

9 comments:

  1. I love the look of that vest! So soft looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love these neutrals. :) I still haven't found a 'fur' vest that I like on me. Oh well... it's not meant to be perhaps! I hate being hot and cold. I usually prefer cooler or colder weather. Because at least you can bundle up and put on layers to get warm. There's a point when you're too hot... lol. It's been 3 degrees some mornings this week. Starting tomorrow the highs are high 40's - high 50's... what is this KS!??!?

    XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I really want a fur vest, but wonder if I can actually pull it off.
    -Kristen
    www.pugsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you ever do a link-up with stuff the boys say...I will gladly contribute. Hunter has comments about basically everything I wear, and only likes the really simple stuff. One time he was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe when he saw me wearing socks with my clog sandals! I read a quote by some designer once that said women dress for women, not men. So true!

    I love this though, still looking for a fur vest to call my own!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I hate cold offices! Mine is right next to an outside door that people walk in and out of all day so it's pretty rough. We keep a space heater by our desks too, but it only helps so much. Maybe I need to invest in a faux vest. I've always thought they were cute but for some reason I hadn't thought about them being warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a huge vest kick lately. I'm loving the fur!! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are the same! I'm such a cold wimp! I'm a Cali girl, what can I say? I would prefer to be hot over cold. I'd look into a different space heater or even get a heating blanket to put over your lap for your office!

    I love this outfit by the way! That vest goes so nicely over your sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this vest with the shorter length. My office is always a freezer too and I have space heater on all the time.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete