July 28, 2015

It's a...


Long story, short- we planned on having a small gender reveal party with family after my next ultrasound around 18-20 weeks. I got impatient and got the idea to go and get an ultrasound done to find out baby's gender. I scheduled it for Thursday, July 23rd. We planned on surprising our family at my birthday dinner on Saturday. 

Monday, July 20th, Larry and I's 2 year wedding anniversary, rolls around and we were contemplating on what to do. So, I got the idea to go in for our ultrasound early! Luckily they were able to take us in!

We found out that mama and daddy's intuition was right- we are expecting a baby GIRL! 

Not long after finding out that I was pregnant, I found that when I thought about baby, I thought she/her. I just had a strong feeling from the start that it was a girl!

I was happy with having a boy or girl, but I think way deep down inside I really wanted a girl first. My mom always picked on me and told me I'd have 3 boys, so I think I always had that fear that I'd never have my little girl to have a special mother/daughter relationship like we have. So I'm relieved to know that I will have her after all! 

Ps. We were even too impatient to wait and tell our family on Saturday and we told them all on Thursday. :)


4 comments:

  1. YAY! so excited that it's a girl! I know parents are always happy no matter what they're having, but I'm always in girl camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having a girl. My daughter found out the twins' genders last week, but she's not telling. She wants to have a gender reveal party, too, because she never had one with her other two pregnancies. I keep telling her she should still tell her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww yayyyyyy! She is going to be the sweetest, best dressed little girl! Honestly, I've thought about kids this same way, I've always worried a little bit about bonding with a boy at first like I would with a girl. I am so happy and excited for you! I would never be able to wait to find out either, ha!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm so excited for you guys! You'll have to have playdates with Vincenza one of these days when you're ever in the same vicinity. I'm sure you both with have the cutest babies!

    ReplyDelete