March 25, 2015

oriental...

floral dress - spring
spring florals
Dress: Old Navy $5
Belt: Goodwill $1
Booties: Plato's Closet $12
Jacket: Old Navy, gifted
Total Outfit Cost: $18

Sunday morning I was getting ready for church. It was definitely one of those mornings where I couldn't find anything to wear. So I'm totally one of those wives that asks their husbands for advice. After trying on three different dresses and failing, I came out with this dress. I had already made up my decision to wear the dress, but since I had asked his opinion on the other three, I figured I let him give his input on this one. So I say, "alright, what about this one?" He didn't say anything at first, so I'm like this couldn't be good. Then he says, "I like it. It just looks very oriental." Me- "Oriental?!" Him- "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen that dress on Mulan." 

Apparently floral = oriental in my husband's mind. What am I gonna do with him?? 


13 comments:

  1. I just love your style! So fun and girly. My type of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love it. Floral is the best. Oh goodness! Ha. My grandma always says she wants to get 'oriental food,' I haven't had the heart yet to tell her that that's not really PC anymore. : /

    XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! You look great here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha sometimes husbands have the best things to say. I'm pretty sure no blogger would ever say something like that to you. If you find one who does, send them my way, I'm always game for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love this outfit. The dark brown goes beautifully with the blue floral, and I really need those boots!

    https://countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAHAHAHAHA! First "Oriental?" Is your husband 80 years old? Second, just... no. lol. I love the floral shape and colors though very much. It's such a cute dress! And what a steal at $5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that dress! The print is so pretty! I'm a sucker for a good floral!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like something my husband would say. I love the dress. I am loving all the florals this spring..I can;t get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AhAhaha! What a very manly description because it doesn't describe that dress at all! My hubs is just as bad. Hey, at least they try!
    Your colorful earrings pair so nicely with this outfit! Love it :-)

    Alysia Ave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, can't say I saw anything oriental about that dress. Even after I saw the title, I couldn't figure out which part of your outfit was supposed to be! Silly boys. I absolutely love when you wear that dress. I can't believe you got it for just $5.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that floral dress! And a denim jacket is the perfect spring accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hunter says the craziest things about my outfits too. Or sometimes he'll text me out of the blue, like one time, he said "I think if fanny packs were socially acceptable you would be the kind of person that would have one." What does that even mean?? I love the florals, and I would never think Oriental at first hahaha

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete