September 2, 2013

coral & aztec

IMG_7962 IMG_7958
Dress: Apricot Lane, gift carded (but on clearance for $10) | Flats: Payless $24 | Belt: came on a different dress
Total Outfit Cost: $24

On my lunch break one day, I went to the mall to spend my Apricot Lane gift card from my co-workers. I got distracted by the sale at American Eagle and that's when I bought [this top].  By the time I got to Apricot Lane I didn't have much left of my lunch break, so I just glanced real quick... Then I found this dress on the 70% off rack. I snatched it up and brought it to the register cause I knew it had to be mine. For one, it's one of my favorite colors. Two, it's aztec print which I've been loving. And three, it's another versatile dress that can be worn to work or to church or just casually! 
Since I didn't have time to try it on I asked the girl what the return policy was just incase it didn't fit. She said clearance items were final sale... poop. I didn't want to chance it because this flap in the front seemed like it may be too short. While on my way back to my car I did the math on my phone on how much the 70% off was and I figured out the dress would've been 10 bucks.. 10 bucks!! I was so mad at myself! I was like dang I could've made that work for 10 bucks! And there were only 2 of the dress left!
Luckily I went back after work and there it still was! I tried it on and just like I thought, the flap in the front was wayyyy too short! I got it anyways and then grabbed a $7 slip at the Wally World!

It's labor day! Found any good sales? 

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress! I really like the print and color. The slip works, I thought it was part of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I really like the print and color. The slip works, I thought it was part of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress and what a find. You look great!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Inge. I really thought the slip was part of the dress. I like it better your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun dress! I totally loved the tulip shape at the bottom. It's really cute!

    xo,
    Ana Paula
    {Visit me at Mommyhood, PhD}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute dress and what a steal! I would have added the slip, too. I can do too short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutie! And a cute story. Happy Monday!


    Silver
    A Silver Snapshot
    asilversnapshot@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the color and print! the slip actually looks cute, since you brought the color back with the belt!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. the slip looks amazing--way better than without it! the color is stinkin' perfect! look at you, styling master!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, definitely thought the slip was part of the dress! :) You look great in this dress!

    Haley
    thriftingfunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute dress!! I was wondering if the slip was part of the dress because it's the exact same color! Quick thinking there :)

    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love LOVE this dress!! the color is perfect (we both share a mutual love of coral) and the print is so fun. it stinks you had to buy a slip for it but I am sure you will find many other uses for it :)

    <3 Jenna Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!! :) Aerie is having a 40% off everything sale! :) I went back to grab a few tops that I narrowed down from last time! :) Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty dress! Wearing a slip underneath was a great idea! I can't imagine wearing the dress without one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is beautiful Danielle. I am glad you bought it, for 10 bucks!! Whoa!! I have never heard neither do we have an Apricot Lane near by but you got me intrigued. Love it that you wore a neutral slip underneath it. I am also loving your Flats. They are the perfect Nude Flats.

    Hope married life is treating you well. Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete