January 14, 2014

an idea

IMG_8978
Sweater: Zara $10
Shirt: JCP (clearance) $4
Jeans: Goodwill $4.99
Boots: $40
Scarf: Target (clearance) $4
Total Outfit Cost: $62.99

 This outfit is one of my go-to formulas. Cardigan + scarf + boots = maximum comfort and style. 
So y'all, I've never hosted any sort of link up, but I had an awesome idea for a one time linkup I want to host! I always see on blogs that we all want to create a closet full of items we love and items that can be worn all different ways. So why not have a linkup where you where you show off one of the most remixable items in your closet and post all the ways you've worn/ can wear it. I'd probably want a couple other bloggers to host the link up too, so there'd be even more participation. Then, we'd have all these awesome remixable closet items and how to wear them in one place! What do ya think? Would you link up and participate? Would you be interested in co-hosting the link up with me? Let me know!


15 comments:

  1. What an awesome link up idea! I'd definitely be interested in participating! I already have a remixable item in mind. . .
    By the way, love the outfit! The black-and-white striped shirt + yellow sweater = divine.
    -Christine from The Hitchcockian Cockatoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely participate or help host if you'd like! Those are my favorite posts for sure. You can learn so much from seeing others use their favorite items in new ways. Such as the way you tied that scarf. That is so easy and yet so pretty and different from the way we're used to seeing it. Thanks for the tip!
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!!! i love that idea! haha, watch us all show up in striped shirts. i've love to see what other people heavily remix. plus, i rarely know the hosts of link ups and i always feel super awk, so please do one!

    also, you look so sunny and it's bringing me out of hibernation in the middle of january. you go girl.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely co-host! I've been playing with ways to incorporate fashion posts into my blog so this would be a fun way to start!!

    ~Kaitlin

    sewmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts about versatile items. Count me in.

    http://erinslittlebigcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great idea for a link up! I'd definitely link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely link up! You should check out Greater Than Rubies (blog) it is amazing. She does remixing challenges like remixing 20 items for 30 days worth of outfits! It is so helpful! :) Anyhow... yes do it! I think it would be great. Especially if it challenges us to try things we may not have before! :) -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yellow! I would link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be interested in co-hosting potentially, we aren't a "style" blog per se, but we do a lot of remixing and this sounds like it would be really, really fun! I would totally link up!
    Jessica
    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors of the scarf and cardigan together. Super cute! I would absolutely link up!!
    -Becca
    www.whyshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea for a link up! I would totally be game to host with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love it. And the colors in this outfit are so incredibly eye catching. I love everything you put together. Everything.

    ReplyDelete