January 7, 2014

let it snow... please?

IMG_9001
Chambray Shirt: Bargain World Thrift Store $2
Sweater: Old Navy c/o Chippmunk
Pants: Old Navy $26
Scarf: Goodwill $1
Boots: $40 
Boot Socks: Payless $8
Total Outfit Cost: $77

With all the talk about the crazy cold weather happening all over the US right now, I can't help but to be envious of all of those having snow days today.  Ya know we had a snow day here once. Let me tell y'all about that one time it snowed in Louisiana. Yepp, it actually did happen. Like I said, once. December 2008... My senior year in high school... there was talk the night before of snow coming in the morning. But why would anyone ever believe that that would actually happen here? I sure didn't. 

So that morning, I'm sitting in the sink with wet hair putting on my makeup. My sister jumps out of her bed and runs in the bathroom screaming "it's snowing!!!"  I laughed. This crazy girl jumped out of her bed and thinks she knows it's snowing? HA. Well apparently her little boyfriend at the time called her and told her. We run to the back door and look outside and y'all... it's fricken snowing!! So, I blow dry my hair as fast as I can and get dressed into whatever warm clothes I could find. The first thing I did when I ran outside was make my very first snow angel! 
7317_1102436253524_458574_n
This day was seriously awesome. TOO bad it all melted by the end of the day -__- 

Anyways, please dear God, make this happen again? Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
7317_1102436053519_4319062_n 7317_1102436813538_7240559_n 
(can you tell we don't own anything to wear for this kind of weather? We look like hobos!)
7317_1102436853539_4919930_n 7317_1102437133546_7139311_n

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you're adorable!! haha well it's -10 at my house right now, perfect weather for some snow ;) I am just jealous that you get to wear cute layered outfits and don't have to cover it up with a bulky puffer coat...like me...womp womp! LOVE the sequined sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how excited you guys look in all the snow pictures! Adorable! I'll happily send you some of the snow we've got up here!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! :) I bet that was so exciting! I bet that you don't want the cold that we have in KS right now. The windchill is like -15 sometimes...! And there's not much snow to speak of.. just freezing cold, windy air. :) I do love winter.. but this is getting extreme! Love the outfit! The sweatshirt is adorable and what a steal finding a chambray shirt for $2! :) -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scarf and sweater! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can come take some snow from me in Michigan :) We got lots of it over the past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!!! You should totally come to ohio we have too much snow...and it's still snowing. Haha!! I wish I could send some your way :)

    ReplyDelete